To avoid communication problems it is recommended that the cable be no more than 10 cm (3.94 in). With increasing cable length, it could result in capacitive crosstalk and insufficient Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) immunity increases.
If you have to increase the cable length, it is suggested to follow these steps:
- Use low transmission frequencies, for example 10 kHz.
- Avoid running DATA and SCK next to each other, maybe run them at the edges of a flat ribbon cable
- If you have to run DATA and SCK near each other try using shielded cables.
- You can reduce the pull-up resistor to something like 3k ohms.
- Use the CRC check feature; CRC check documents can be found in Sensirions Download Center under each type of part.