Corrosion resistant crimp


Our customer wants “clamps or clips of corrosion resistant metal making effective contact with the
sheath or armour and earthed metal” We have a braid we would like to crimp a drain wire to and we need a corrosion resistant splice. Do you have anything like this? I looked around and did not find anything.

Best Regards,

To Fisichel:

I did find these not sure if they are what you are looking for.

solder sleeve.

T4276345 is the technical reference for this call.

Not what I am looking for, but what you found is very cool. TE

It’s not entirely clear what precisely is being sought in terms of connector geometry or what conductor sizes are involved.

I’d expect though that a standard non-insulated splice or other similar connector of desired style could work, using a suitable contact grease (I like Sanchem’s No-Ox-Id) to saturate the joint and some heat shrink tube (I like Qualtek’s Q5-4X) to cover things up.

Would anything in this group work? These are pretty exposed, however, so maybe not ideal.

Example image:

you guys are the best! 280002-1 is exactly what I was looking for. I don’t know how big “1500-5000 CMA” is, but I can google that. I need to squeeze together two pieces of 20 AWG wire. Thanks for helping out. I really do appreciate it.

We would cover it up with shrink tube.
Thank you all and have a great weekend!

Do you folks know the crimper that is used for 280002-1?

The manufacturer-recommended crimp tool for this is 1385052-2-ND

1 Like

I would suggest the WM9999-ND as a general-purpose tool usable with a connector of this type as well as the similar “F-Crimp” ( also called a B-crimp) style commonly found on uninsulated spade terminals, 1/4" quick disconnects, etc. It’s an unofficial, non-ratcheting tool type that is nevertheless inexpensive by comparison to many, and which can be made to work with an extremely wide range of contacts due to the variety of cavity sizes it offers. Excellent toolbox item.

The heart-shaped cavity opening when the tool is closed is an indicator of a tool designed for use with this style of crimp; the open ends of the contact are positioned against the side of the cavity having a sharp point, so that they are folded inward and together as the tool is closed. For production work a ratcheting type tool may be preferable for various reasons, but with some care it’s quite possible to get respectable results with a cheap type of the sort mentioned.

1 Like

Thank you both. I will chase down both options.
Best Regards,