Electroluminescent panel drivers

Hi there,
I am wondering what products could be used, to drive an electroluminescent panel, ~5 cm2 in area?

I know they utilize ~1 kHz, ~100V, but I am not familiar with power supplies that operate in this range.

I am not very knowledgeable about electronics, so any suggestions are helpful! :slight_smile:

Best,
David

Welcome to our Technical Forum David.

Can you share what panels you intend to use? The data sheets will usually call out what the power requirements necessary for the calculations.

Here is an example of an adafruit product data sheet:

inside we can find this information

In the technical details you can see that the recommended voltage of 110V and 400Hz will create a current draw of 0.14mA/cm2

If this was your 5cm2 panel, it would draw 0.7mA.

The power supply you select would need to be capable of the frequency and voltage while being capable of delivering at least the amount of current calculated.

If you would like to get an idea of what different variations are available, you can look at the panels we have here:

These are the options we have to power them here:

I do hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you so much for such a clear response. I work in materials science, so we are creating the panel itself, but it will likely be similar to the commercial products you provided.
Thank you so much.

1 Like