Ferrite core for cable

I am looking for a high-frequency ferrite core for common-mode suppression with a wide bandwidth from 0.4 GHz to 2 GHz. If would be great if someone could recommend some ferrite core.

Ferrite cores for EMI suppression purposes can be found here. There are a variety of factors involved in making a selection including the diameter/shape of the cable in question and the desired physical form factor. Frequency dependence of device properties is largely a material-dependent phenomenon, so once you’ve narrowed things down on the basis of physical fit I’d suggest looking at the dominant manufacturers’ material listings for materials that are/aren’t well-adapted for your needs.

HI. Thanks for the reply. I have found a ferrite core with part number: 74270015. This shows the impedance up to 1 GHz. My frequency range is 0.4 to 2 GHz. Will this work in my application? Thanks.

The datasheet shows impedance characteristics of the part starting to fall approaching 1GHz, so one could assume that it will continue to do so somewhat as frequencies in question approach 2GHz. The plot’s logarithmic on the frequency axis, so extrapolating from 1 to 2 isn’t a terribly huge presumption. I’d guess the part might offer around 100 ohms at 2 GHz.

As to whether or not that’s sufficient for your application’s requirements, I do not know.