Help finding parts for laptop apparently built with CLEVO parts

The charging board of my laptop has been damaged and the manufacturer does not provide replacement parts for clients, I haven’t been able to localise it anywhere.

any idea?

1 Like

Hello Zed,

Thank you for your post. I don’t see that we have that board as a part in our system.

Do you mind explaining how to identify the part? What number printed on the board should I use to search around ?

If you’re just looking to replace that board as an assembly, you’re probably going to have better luck doing a general Google search using your laptop’s model number and the part you’re looking for. Something like “HP 15-MODEL#XXXX DC input board” or something to that effect. Just keep in mind that, depending on the age of your laptop, you may have to go with a used part.

Just out of curiosity, what is your laptop model number?

2 Likes

Hi @_Zed what’s damaged on that board? As long as the PCB isn’t cracked, it looks to be just a DC jack to cable header. If you can’t find a direct replacement of the unit, it might be easier to just re-move/replace the DC jack or cable connector…

Regards,

1 Like

that is the first thing I tried, nothing comes up, the laptop is from a brand I haven’t seen before called 2am, the model is called e550, all I know is that they use clevo parts and apparently a very unknown brand

All I was told is that the board is damaged, I haven’t verified anything myself yet

I do not find any place that does and service on these or locate information on that part… you may have to see if you can locate some repair service local to you to see what they can do for you.

1 Like

Hi Zed,

2am sounds like a Brazilian rebranded laptop.
Typically it is the connector that gets damaged.
You could try to change the connector, albeit getting an impression that you’d prefer to change the whole board (e.g. no chance to test if a fix works)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001704525213.html

Cheers,
heke, AsamaLab

1 Like

I’ll probably end up getting the connector and having to fix the board myself.
Thanks for your answer and the link

Building a laptop with CLEVO parts sounds like a cool project.

1 Like

When I was on the hunt for the best laptop for Photoshop on a budget, I learned a lot about customizing and sourcing parts. It’s like putting together a puzzle, isn’t it? I found that forums and online communities are goldmines for finding specific components.

2 Likes