Identify DC Power connector for laptop

Hello all. At the end of my rope trying to identify this part. A little background, this is a power in port on a laptop that was purchased through CyberPower PC a few years ago. They basically take whatever motherboard combos are cost efficient at the time, and build laptop configs around them. This mother board is a Quanta NL9k I’m assuming made in Taiwan or a US affiliate.

This is a barrel power connector seen on any laptop. The shielding is stamped with FOXCONN and label on the wire lists part number is Foxconn 161021, with another part number on the label of DDNL8EAEAD001 REV A.

I have a fairly cheap digital caliper, so I’d give the below measurements some leeway either way.
The part itself is 13.29 mm high by 10.19mm wide.
The OD is 7.5mm and ID 4.5 as near as I can tell.

It has 5 electrical connections on the back, and an LED on the front. I don’t really care about the LED, although this may play into the height of the part and how it is secured in place to the motherboard.
I was limited to 3 pictures on the post, so here are the ones I feel are the most important. Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

The DC in for this laptop is an actual cable assembly, correct? Not just a jack soldered to the board? From what I can see, you have a typo in your part number for this assembly. It should be DDNL8EAD001 REV A. Looks like you put one too many “EA’s”. From what I’ve been able to determine, it looks like the cable is not manufactured anymore, and you may have trouble finding it. I found one source online, but the site looks a bit sketchy to me. I have linked to it here, but proceed at your own risk. DDNL8EAD001

Good luck!

Correct on the part number, oops. And yes I wasn’t having any luck finding the cable assembly, so was hoping to at least get the jack and solder the cable back on myself, since the jack is the issue.

I may try that site, but yes does look sketchy.

Any chance you could help identify a jack that would work for this in case the site doesn’t work out?

Thanks!

I can always try. I can tell you right away that the numbers on the side of the jack itself, “6A8MH 610nm 12A” most likely refer to the LED. As you said, finding a jack with the integrated LED may be difficult. I will let you know what I can find.

If worse comes to worse, you can always try to find a used laptop like yours on eBay or Craigslist and cannibalize it for parts. It might be easier in the long run.

I found a complete cable assembly on eBay if you are interested. DDNL8EAD001 eBay Listing

It appears they ship from China, but the price, with shipping (under $20), seems reasonable.

I honestly don’t know how you were able to find this. I’ve scoured the internet looking for this part number. I searched ebay and various sites multiple times. How embarrassing!

I have this ordered and I can’t thank you enough for your help!!

1 Like

It’s my pleasure. It’s actually part of what I do for a living, so I may have had an unfair advantage. Take care, and I hope you have a Happy New Year!