Help w/ Honda Radio PIN Identification

These two pins are for a 2007 Honda S2000 connector that plugs into the factory radio harness. Metra makes this harness but I’m unable to locate information on these pins and I can’t determine the wire gauge (stranded). These appear to be a pin blade. The red wire does not have a locking tab on the bottom but the white one does.

Contacts are designed to fit a connector or housing. They do not typically cross over to other connectors, however, depending on the amount of flexibility you have in your application sometimes you can get by with another contact. It is usually a matter of trial and error as I cannot guarantee any contact will work except the one the manufacturer recommends, which I was unable to locate.

That being said let’s see what we can do. They are both pin style contacts so that will narrow it down. Unfortunately, we do not list length of contacts on our website so you will have to look at the dimensions on the datasheets.

Here are a few examples of contacts that looked promising, and full lists of similar style contacts. Please reveiew the datasheets, paying particularly close attention to the dimentions of the contacts, and see if one might work for your application.
179321-3 TE Connectivity AMP Connectors | Connectors, Interconnects | DigiKey
1-179321-2 TE Connectivity AMP Connectors | Connectors, Interconnects | DigiKey
1-179322-2 TE Connectivity AMP Connectors | Connectors, Interconnects | DigiKey Marketplace

The full list of blade and pin style rectangular contacts is located here.
The full list of blade style power connectors is located here.
The full list of blade and pin style backplane connector contacts is located here.

3 Likes

Thank you for helping narrow down the list.

1 Like