Looking to charge Sparkfun’s 18650 lithium ion cell batteries such as part # 1568-1488-ND or 1568-1490-ND? Although at the moment of this post there is no finished product, here is a solution to help recharge these batteries:
You will need:
- Sparkfun’s Li-Poly Charger - part # 1568-1299-ND
- A battery holder such as BH-18650-W-ND
- JST wire lead assembly - part # 1528-1126-ND
- A 5V power source with one of the following options:
– A Mini-B USB Cable from your computer such as one of these
– A wall wart with a USB port or Mini-B USB cable such as one of these
– A wall wart with a Positive Center 2.1mm ID / 5.5mm OD barrel plug such as [one of these]
This system will be capable of charging one 3.7V 18650 battery at a time.
For more information, check out Sparkfun’s LiPo USB Charger Hookup Guide.