JAE USB-C on-board component "72161"

Hi there all!

I am hunting down a JAE 72161 USB-C onboard connector - see image below. I have contacted JAE directly and a few other shops in the UK for clarification. Can anyone from Digikey or electronics experts advise please?

Thank you in advance all!

All the best,
Hesan

Hello hesan.yousif - welcome to the Forum community! I checked JAE’s website and they say that 72161 is the DX07 series. These are the stocking options we have - I don’t know whether your connector is surface mount or through hole so am giving you the link to both.

Hello hesan.yousif - welcome to the Forum community! I checked JAE’s website and they say that 72161 is the DX07 series. Here are the stocking options we have - I don’t know whether your connector is surface mount or through hole so am giving you the link to both.

Thank you and for your warm comments!

Unfortunately, there is a still a very long list in your options? The connector is on-board and through-holes -so would you mind giving me a link to the exact one please?

Thank you so much!
Hesan

It looks like it would be one of these two options, but you will want to take a look at the datasheets to verify these are the correct dimensions and termination type.

Thank you again -but these look nothing like my original? They come without an outer metal casing? HELP!

I do not show any that are without the metal case. it is possible that what you have is a broken or an obsolete part.

Apologies, my first time ordering such a component. If you see the images below, the first two are the JAE parts, the last one is mine. They are clearly very different?

2023-10-10 15_23_12-Window
2023-10-10 15_23_05-Window

2023-10-10 15_22_24-Window

Many thanks,
Hesan

Hello,

I checked and I do not see anything like what you have. It very well could be a custom variaton of the part. It could also be one we do not sell. Sorry. It just does not appear we sell the type you have on your board.

One of these may fit.

Dimensional drawings should be linked under “documents and media” to help gauge suitability for purpose.

Please note that markings such as the 72161 in the image above are frequently date and lot codes rather than part numbers, and that suggestions for part replacements are offered without guarantee.

I very much appreciate all the guidance here guys!

I will try a variation and examine the drawings further. Honestly, I have had more issues in the legs of the component not being long enough for me to solder on the underside of the mainboard -and this has been my primary issue when purchasing other similar equivalents.

Have a great day everyone!

All the best,
Hesan