Looking for AC/AC adapter for an old item

I have an old Dept 56 piece called Holiday Singers (56.52505) which came without an adaptor and I’m having an absolute horrible time finding a replacement.

A person with this exact piece sent me a photo of her adapter which has the following on the front:
MODEL: AA35-07506
INPUT: 120VAC 60 Hz
OUTPUT: 7.5VAC 500mA

I also spoke to a gentleman who repairs Dept 56 pieces who told me I needed the following:
7.5V AC 1000Ma (4.0MMX1.7MM)

This piece is at least 25 years old, so I’m having a hard time finding a replacement.
I also don’t know what could be used instead and am so afraid of ruining it by choosing the wrong thing.

(Dept 56 customer service is unable to help it was manufactured “before they acquired the company” and I purchased a replacement adaptor listed for this exact piece on eBay, but it didn’t fit).

Does anyone know what I need to buy or where to find something that may work?
Could I just get a universal adaptor and a female connector that would fit?
Or, if it’s just impossible to replace, is there a way to bypass the adapter port altogether and just somehow connect the wires to a regular plug?
Is that even possible?

I would really appreciate your help.
Thank you


Thank you for contacting Digi-Key Electronics. Well I do not find any 7.5VAC adapters. I found a 9 volt and 1.2A that has screw terminals. It would be part number 237-2200-ND. Though it is not 7.5 Volts. I am showing this to you as maybe if you tried finding something on the Internet with the screw terminals in the search it might help. Here is the part pictured: https://www.digikey.com/short/3dtv7c2q

The 1.2A current on this one would not be the problem. Though the 9 volts would. I just do not have anything with the 7.5 volts.

Thank you so much for your quick reply.
I’m going to try to attach a photo (had trouble earlier), but it’s a plug in adapter with a prong. I’m not sure how I would screw it?


As Verna stated earlier, we do not have a 7.5VAC wall adapter. If the one you bought, is the right voltage, we may have the cable that will plug into your device. If you need the 4.00mm (Outside Diameter) X 1.7mm (Inside Diameter) plug, you can look at CP-2194-ND.

1 Like

Thank you very much! I’ll look into this!

Also, do you know if I can use an AC/DC instead?

Possibly, though without knowledge of the internals one cannot be certain.

Adapters of the type mentioned were much more common in times past, but have largely been phased out. Devices from this period would often convert low-voltage AC to DC internally prior to use, and may function acceptably with a suitable DC input. Or not.

It appears you already have an electrically suitable adapter; replacing its output connector with one of the correct size (perhaps using the cable assembly David suggested) would seem a reasonable option.

1 Like

Hi David! All I know is I need a 4.0mm x 1.7mm female connector.
Looks like the part you suggested would work?
Is the cable easy to replace?

Also, does it need to be exactly 7.5VAC?
They accidentally sent one that is correct in everything else except it’s only a 5VAC…guessing I need one that is exactly 7.5?

Thanks so much for your help.
I really appreciate it