Looking to replace TV power supply capacitor

Just trying to locate possible replacement capacitors for one that burned up in a 13 year old Samsung TV BN44-00214A power supply. Mom will never be able to learn how to use a smart TV, so I have to try to resurrect this one.

Current bad capacitor is shown in pics (which I hope I’m adding correctly). Measurements are ~ 34-35mm diameter, 26-27mm tall, 10mm lead spacing, appears to be snap-in.

There’s also a number on top of the capacitor (W63170), but I haven’t been able to find any reference to that number online.

I’m trying to find something that’s currently in-stock and available, and all I’ve been able to come up with that appears to be in-stock at DigiKey at the moment is the Nichicon LGZ2W151MELC30. It’s slightly taller (30mm vs. 26-27 on current cap) but I don’t think that will be a major issue in this application.

I’m not an expert on Samsung TV power supply capacitors by any means (most of my time has been spent on automotive electrical systems). Will the Nichicon LGZ2W151MELC30 work well as a direct replacement for the burned up SAMWHA capacitor, or can you steer me to something more appropriate?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Greetings,

If it fits mechanically there’s a fair chance the item mentioned will do the job. There’s always a possibility that its failure resulted in collateral damage, but it may be worth a try.