Parts Identification - C64 Keyboard Connector/Harness

I am attempting to build a mechanical keyboard for the Commodore 64 based on this project at DIY MechBoard64 – breadbox64.com and I am looking for the 1x20 female DuPont-like connectors/housings, wire, and crimped pieces to make a harness that will connect the 1x20 through-hole pin header on the motherboard of the Commodore 64 to the 1x20 right-angle pin headers of the mechanical keyboard PCB. I believe these are both 2.54mm pitch/footprint.

My goal is to build a keyboard cable harness with female connectors at both ends.

Perhaps 26 AWG jumper wire, 1x20 0.1" (2.54mm) Crimp Connector Housings, and the Female Crimp Pins that will fit them?

@cdaters

For the right angled header 10129379-920001BLF-ND
The mate 609-2323-ND
Contacts for that housing 47649-000LF

Wire options for the 26AWG here
Any preferences in color or length?

Thank you Nathan. I am thinking black and 20 cm

And a quick question too Nathan, if the contacts for that houses under Cut Tape says, Qty, 1, 10, 25, 50, etc. If I order say, the 50…I’ll just get 50 contacts on a cut tape type of packaging, correct?

Correct; contacts of this type ship attached to the metal strip from which they were formed (idea shown below) which facilitates automated or mechanized application. Order a quantity in cut tape, we’ll cut that many off a reel & send 'em to ya.

In many cases, there is also a “bulk” part number for contacts such as this; these have been detached from the tape, and are found by many to be more convenient for non-production use.