SAS Docking or Connection to USB 2.0 or 3.0 or C

Hello,

I am currently looking to invest some time in this odd server I received. Anyway…

1. Does your company handle the selling of docking stations?
  2. Does your company handle the selling of SAS to USB 2.0/3.0/C?

Seth

P.S. If 1. or 2. is yes, will you please guide me to where I may find them on your site? I keep searching but end up w/ four options and none of the options are stocked or going to be restocked.

Digi-Key’s primary trade is in the components from which such things are made, very much less in the finished-goods products themselves.

That said, there are a few products that might match your idea of a docking station here, and what might be found in the way of drive adapters would generally be found in the same product family. (Computer Equipment | Accessories) While there are a few SATA to USB options, I’ve not seen anything SAS to USB.

1 Like

Hello @rick_1976 ,

Thank you for your words. I understand. It was a shot in the dark I guess.

Seth

Hello @rick_1976 ,

I found some but the price is as reasonable as a 4K TV in 2011. Ha. Anyway, I will keep learning and searching while returning.

Seth

P.S. SAS to USB-C is not cheap for whatever reason, i.e. not like SATA to USB-C. SATA has been around w/ adapters for years. The prices for these items are mediocre now.