SC667592CKU - ON78S - Datasheet

Hello,

I know it’s kind of a long shoot, but maybe someone here can help me get the Datasheet of this chip.

Thanks,
Jake

Hi Jake,

This appears to be made by a company in China. I found very little information on it, and am unable to cross to a part we have in our catalog.

Here is what I found online. marking code ON78S,smd marking ON78S,information,branding ON78S,103 million data - szgolon

I don’t think this is it. The logo on the chip is of “Freescale semiconductor”. I was able to get the JTag ID from it which is 0x0988201D.

Hi JakeB,

You’re right that it’s a Freescale part (now part of NXP), based on the symbol. Unfortunately, the only thing I could find out about it is that the Data I/O FLX500 was capable of programming it. I was not able to find so much as a description of what it is, much less a datasheet. My guess is that it was a proprietary chip, probably made for an automotive application, and not available to the general public.

1 Like

Hey David,
Do you know where I can get this FLX500?

Hi JakeB,

I’m afraid not. It looks like it is an obsolete product by Data I/O. You could try contacting some of the companies who sell their products to see if they might have any left, but I’d be a bit surprised if they did.

On the other hand, the Data I/O FLX500 was a universal programmer, so it’s likely that many currently produced programmers are also capable of programming that same chip. It would simply be a matter of getting the manufacturer of the programmer to add the code required to instruct the programmer on how to do so (setting proper pin voltages and signal sequencing). You might want to contact Data I/O directly to see if they have a recommendation on which currently available programmer would be capable of doing the job.

1 Like