Temperature Sensor

I am using a 15326386 temp sensor (which is now obsolete) and have recently came across a select few that are not working properly as the others have in the past. To test them in the past and currently, I attached them to a DMM and placed it in a cup of ice water and checked the resistance against the chart on the datasheet, which checked out fine. I figured that this would be the best way to test them. Is there a better way?

That’s a reasonable approach for doing basic function checking. A “hot” test, perhaps using the boiling point of water as a reference, might help reveal if any given unit has some sort of temperature-dependent fault.

Awesome idea. Thanks for the input. and a solution for finding a fault. I have been scratching my head trying to figure out if I even received the correct sensor. It seems like many have a similar appearance and can be a challenge seeing if I have the correct part. Don’t worry they weren’t from DigiKey. Lol

Some supply channels are more trustworthy than others…

You didn’t describe what you meant by “not working properly” but a fault proper would be likely to cause gross malfunction, rather than simple inaccuracy. Grabbing another thermometer and developing an R vs T curve for the device in hand might be an interesting experiment…