Threaded barrel connector adaptor/reducer

I have a power cable with a 5.5mm x 2.1mm barrel connector which needs to plug into a 5.5mm x 2.5mm threaded jack. Because the jack is threaded the adaptor would need to have a nut on that end, but not on the other end.

I would replace the jack with a the proper 2.1mm and be done with it, except sometimes I would need to plug in another cable to the same jack, and that cable is 2.5mm.

I don’t want to go with a bare wire adaptor. But if there is any other alternatives, I’d like to hear them.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Frank,

Welcome to the community!

I’m not seeing any options for adapters that include a thread lock.

I think the solution with the least amount of assembly would be using a screw terminal 2.1mm jack on an existing threaded 2.5mm ID plug cable

Click here for Screw Terminal terminated 2.1mm Barrel Jack PN: 1528-1386-ND

Click here for Threaded Lock 2.5mm Cable PN: 839-1011-ND

Otherwise if you’re able to solder, here’s a 2.1mm Barrel Jack, Inline (cable mounted)

Click here for Barrel Jack connector, 2.1mm ID Solder Terminated PN: CP-024A-ND

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendations. I agree with you that my options seem to be limited. I’m now rethinking my strategy but no matter which way I go I’ll be splicing and soldering. I’m not scared to do that but I hate to have to do it every time I want to add an accessory to the device that has the threaded jack.