Ubuntu Server 20.04

I really hope the PRU is doing that. :wink:

Regards,

1 Like

Ah I really wish but I"m using ROS, and as far as I could tell the PRU code needs to be in C but ROS only supports C++ and python

What’s the recommended way to control pwm/gpio pins through python3? There’s a lot of misc documentation floating around. I used https://github.com/adafruit/adafruit-beaglebone-io-python on one of the older kernel versions but after updating to to am33x-rt-v5.10 I get errors when setting up the pwm pins through that library (its deprecated so I’m not surprised)

The pwm location under /sys/ changed again, so that library will have to be tweaked by someone interested in maintaining it…

Otherwise, just call system calls from your python script.

Regards,

Yeah, I might temporarily revert back to the older kernel version and hope someone updates the library for the newer kernel version soon.

Where could I find the documentation for the relevant files for toggling pwm/gpio pins for the TI 5.10 kernel btw?

I am using your scripts to build the kernel and did not see any steps requiring me to make changes to the config when the menuconfig opens. Since your script uses uses menuconfig, are there any kernel settings that must be changed to give the necessary .config ?

[edited to add context]

Sorry, missing context in your post… Yes, if it’s my kernel building script, the default .config is loaded…

menuconfig just pops up by default so you can change it if you feel the need todo…

Regards,

then changing to silentoldconfig should yield the same result, correct ?

Just hit the esc key twice and let it build…

Regards,

1 Like