Webinar Date: April 06, 2023
Cloud-Based Positioning Delivers Power Autonomy to Your Asset-Tracking Application
This post covers Key Takeaways and Frequently Asked Questions from the ublox Cloud-Based Positioning Delivers Power Autonomy to Your Asset-Tracking Application webinar regarding wireless tracking. Whether you’re a seasoned professional or a curious newcomer, you’ll find plenty of valuable information watching the webinar. Links to the Webinar, Resources, and Related Content are provided within the post. A copy of the PowerPoint presentation will be provided for customers that register to watch the recorded webinar. All Snippets and Content Compliments of ublox.
- Position update rate influences power consumption
- Lower update rates provide longer battery life
- 1.8 V power supply provides improved power consumption efficiency over 3 V supplies
- CYCLIC, ON/OFF, and Snapshot Positioning, & hardware cut-off from the power supply power save modes for increased efficiency
- Various location options such as Standalone GNSS*, AssistNow, CloudLocate, & CellLocate
- CloudLocate service uses device location information in the cloud service instead of in the device providing reasonable position accuracy for battery operated devices with large power autonomy (months or even years) and internet connectivity
- CloudLocate works with every connectivity such as 2G, 3G, Lte, LTE-M, 5G, Bluetooth, WiFi, LoRa, sigfox, Satellite IoT, NB-IoT
How can I start evaluating for my application?
- Not sure exactly what you mean. You can start with the evaluation kit. EVK-M101
Is a copy of the slides available?
- We will provide with the recording. Look for the email within the next day!
Which solution do you recommend for indoor asset tracking and what is the location accuracy?
- From u-blox we offer a solution based on Bluetooth. We check-out the website. We will not cover today in this webinar.
Does slide 16 have the left and middle icons swapped around by mistake?
- You are right. Sorry for that.
Does hardware cut off means that the device it is completely off and does not consume any current during sleep periods? Is this mode available as mode of operation in the evaluation kits?
- Yes, you can remove the power to completely switch off the GNSS and in such state id does not consume any power
Will we get a copy of the power point?
- Yes! With the recording. Look for the email in the next day!
I’d like the links.
- Thanks for the feedback. We will share them in the recording email too!
What is the best chip for example for high updaterate and high precition like 1 to 10 Hz and lower than 1m
- Higher update rates than u-blox M10 can be achieved with u-blox M9 (up to 25 Hz). Lower than 1m you can achieve with dualband products like u-blox F9.
Can you share the results of the 3 survey questions?
- We will be sharing the results during the q/a session.
What is time to first fix mean?
- It is the time the GNSS receiver needs to provide a first position.
You guys love your acronyms, don’t you? I guess this is directed towards an audience that understands most of this stuff already.
- Sorry about that. If there a specific ones that you need clarification for, please let us know and we can get an answer for you.
Are this presentation slides going to be available?
- Yes! We’ll be sending the slides with the recording within the next day. Keep your eyes open for the email!
Is there a future plan to have M10 with patch antenna larger than 15mm?
- Not a the moment as we tried to build-in a small as possible antenna with still reasonable performance.
I am testing thingstream.io and it allows only MQTT Setver to server connection. You mentioned you had REST connectivity. Where can I read about it (any manuals)?
- From here you can find the link to Server to Server access CloudLocate getting started
Will we have a link to a replay and slides of your presentation?
- You bet! We will send you a recording and links to the presentation within the next day. Look for the email in your inbox.
Does the SAM-M10Q have a LNA inside?
- Yes, SAM-M10Q has the LNA inside.
Again, can the SAM-M10Q be power supplied in 1V8?
- SAM-M10Q works with 3V.
Hello. can I use CloudLocate with any GNSS hardware?
- CloudLocate is open to any Hardware, but at the moment very few GNSS support the export of raw data
Webinar Registration Link:
DigiKey Webinar Center:
DigiKey TechForum Webinar Posts:
DigiKey u-blox Product Offerings:
-Much more in-depth slides and a copy of the PowerPoint presentation will be provided for customers that register to watch the recorded webinar.