Bluetooth antenna help

Hello all,

I have a project where I need to turn on and off a Bluetooth antenna. I was hoping that I could find some type of switch to be able to turn on the bluetooth antenna and turn it off. I do not want to turn on and off the bluetooth chipset as this would reset the Bluetooth stack as I understand it.

Also, I want to test out disconnect and reconnection over the course of an 8 hour day. The main thing I need is to be able to interface with the switch via my automation. Could someone help me try and find the right parts and what to look for?

Thanks

Hello @Drewvian, You could try using R570313000 Radiall USA, Inc. | RF/IF and RFID | DigiKey to switch the antenna on/off . You would need 28VDC to control the switch.

Thank you for the suggestions @ScottRaeker. Is this something I would be able to control using a script or API calls to the switch?

While I wait for your answers, I will start taking a look at the product you suggested.

Originally, thought this would be an easier and better setup than closing and opening a box with a robotic arm, but I am new to using this type of stuff as a test setup.

Also, could you send me a link to a 28VDC that would control the switch?

Thanks

The switch is not intelligent, it just requires 28VDC to switch states. Does your automation have the ability to switch voltages or contact closures? What type of automation are you using?

Currently, our automation does not have the ability to switch voltages or contact closures.

A high-level view of the project is that we have a PCB board that has Bluetooth on it and is the main brain of our project. I want to test Bluetooth connectivity to it via a mobile phone. I want to run 8 hours worth of reconnects and disconnects to stress test our Bluetooth in our mobile application and on the PCB board.

With that being said, it would be easier if I had something I could send direct calls to turn on and off the switch at will.

Otherwise, I would need to come up with a way to change the voltage to the switch. I would imagine an Arduino or Raspberry pi should work, but this is all new to me so I am not sure.

Thanks

I could not find anything we carry that can switch RF through an API. The other idea would be to look at test & measurement equipment like NI’s https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/hardware/products/pxi-rf-relay-module.html

Crazy question, do you think I could potentially use an Arduino to control the power to the RF switch and basically make my own smart RF switch that way?

That should work. You could use the Arduino to control a relay (something like 1050-1140-ND ) to switch the voltage to the R570313000 RF switch. Power supply needs to be 24-30V and provide 100 mA (you could use something like 1939-1835-ND ). You may also want to use an SMA terminator on the RF switch port when you want the antenna “off”, something like ACX1251-ND .