Can't export from Schemeit - just like everybody else

Just decided to try Schemeit. As many others have reported, I can’t export. I get the window up, choose PDF and click the export button and it closes, but does not give me a choice of where to save the file. I can’t find it anywhere on my PC, like some default directory like Downloads or anything. I tried with Internet Explorer and Firefox. I tried doing it from my home PC in case there are any security things in place on my work PC that would cause a problem but it doesn’t work there either. Does this program only work with Chrome or something?

HI, before you are able to save, you must be registered and logged into Digi-Key using a valid Digi-Key account. Please make sure are logged in correctly. It should work with several URL providers. Please check out the link below for using Schemeit, that might help with some of the questions you might have. Glenda

https://www.digikey.com/web%20export/mkt/general/scheme-it-help.pdf

Hello Glenda,

Thank you for the response. I have a Digi-Key account and I am logged in. I have successfully saved my project. It’s the exporting that doesn’t work. I’ve tried PDF and PNG and in both cases it just closes the save window when I click on the button, doesn’t ask for a location to save or anything.

image001.gif

image001.jpg

@sbrigham Can you please share your project name?

It was just called “test”. I just put one component on it just to see if I could export the schematic as a PDF before I spent hours building my real schematic. It is clearly not a problem with my project.

image001.gif

image001.jpg

Here is a link to the project.

https://www.digikey.com/schemeit/project/test-6dca53df06af4768bb4a3da63a9b6477

image001.gif

image001.jpg

I get this window, but when I click on Export the window just disappears.

image001.gif

image001.jpg

@sbrigham - I am able to reproduce the export issue with your project. I can export the KiCad format but not the others. The Scheme-it team is looking into what may be causing this.

1 Like