Dotted line box around portion of circuit

Hello…how can I place a dotted line (or dash line) box around a portion of the circuit? For example, I would like to place a box around the power supply section in a radio schematic, without affecting the components or layout.

Thanks very much.

Hello @emilzelasko,

I was able to replicate a dotted outline but it was sort of a round-about way to do it:

dottedlineexample

If this will work for you, here are the steps on how I did it:

1. Under Custom Symbols > Symbol Primitives - Select a Part Body, place it onto the schematic. Resize to make it appropriate. You can remove the titles by unchecking them from the Part Properties on the right hand side of the window. I altered mine to state “Power Supply” in the name.
  2. Add a Pin Right and click on the part body you just created. Do the same with a Pin Left. To remove the text tiles (“Pin1” and “Pin2”) you can double click on the text and backspace to remove the text. You should have something like this:

1. Hover over one of the endpoints of the Pins, it should turn into a green square. Click and create a box around your intended power supply circuit.
  2. On the right hand side you should see Line Properties (this will only show up after the line is completed and selected). In the bottom of the options is a Line Style section, from here you can choose a line color and style such as the dots. Here, I did a red dash style.

I’ll keep researching this to see if there is an easier and quicker way to do this.

~Lindsay

@emilzelasko @Linzee_1029

The other option you have is you can click and drag your mouse over a section of your schematic. You should then get a pop-up on the right of the screen and you can select group. This will place a box over those components.

Here you can see I grouped some random components.

-Robert

Perfect…thanks very much!