Factory reset Nordic nRF52840 on Acconeer XM122

Hi,

I managed to DFU a software sample to the XM122 via the XB122 dev board which left it in a non responsive state. The USB connected to the Dev board does not even connect anymore. I assume I need a “Factory Reset” of the bootloader. The only info I can find is to do it via a J-Link device.

1. Is this the only option? (I do not have a J-Link)
  2. Can anybody help?
    Thanks
    Cheers
    Andreas

Checking on this now. Will let you know.

Hi Andreas.
Unfortunately, if there is no communication through the USB, the J-Link connection is the only option.
Was the software sample something that you wrote or did you download it?
Thanks.
Curtis

Hello Andreas,
If serial DFU using nrfutil no longer works you will need a J-link. The link Acconeer XM122 doesn't show up as a J-Link device in Segger Embedded Studio - Nordic Q&A - Nordic DevZone - Nordic DevZone discusses using the nRF52840DK debug out port to program the XM122.

Thanks, then I must J-link. Can you point me to the correct version of J-Link perhaps, obviously price sensitive…

Thanks
Cheers
Andreas

Hello Andreas,
The least expensive option is to use a nRF52840DK development board with the debug out port.
Digi-Key part# is 1490-1072-ND. You will also need a 10 pin SWD cable to connect from the Debug out port to the XM122 debug connector such as Adafruit 1675 (Digi-Key part# 1528-2009-ND).

Thanks Scott, this looks like a great option!

I will try this and let you know once parts are received.

Thanks
Cheers
Andreas

Hi,
Thanks nRF52840 DK did the trick. I used the 10pin Cable connected to Debug Out on the nRF52840 DK and the SWD/JTAG on the XB122. To solve the power supply I shorted the SB47 on the nRF52840 DK which gave the XB122 power through the debug interface and prevents me from updating the nRF52840 DK itself. I could deploy the supplied S140_nRF52.6.1.1_Softdevice.hex. using commands":
nrfjprog -f nrf52 --erasepage 0xFE000-0x100000
nrfjprog -f nrf52 --program production_sw.hex --sectorerase --verify
nrfjprog -f nrf52 --reset

After that I could reload old samples and device is functioning normal.
Thanks!