Generate hex file using available code in mplab x

Dear All,

I’m trying to do a webcam kind of device using PIC32MZ2048EFM064 and this is the example I’m trying to do. I found the circuit and code in this example but I’m facing one problem that I don’t know how to use this code in MPLAB X and make a hex from this. I searched everywhere but didn’t find the solution So, finally came here. Please someone help me to figure out this problem and tell me how can I make it work, debug and generate hex from this code.

Thanks & Regards,

Roshan

Welcome to the forum.

That’s “C” language code, so you need obtain the specific “C” compiler used by the author. Once you find the compiler you will need to install it and learn how to run the build process for that compiler.

I wish I could be more specific, however there are no set standards for “C” compiler build steps. They are all generally similar but the specifics are often different and critical to get right.

Since the micro-controller in that project is a Microchip PIC, and it uses a Microchip library, it’s likely the compiler used is the product from Microchip. The project may even compile with the limited capability free version of the compiler. The author may be over at the Microchip forum willing to help setup & build the project. If not others on that forum may be able to help.

1 Like

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I asked to author about compiler. He told that he used mplabx ide and xc32 compiler.

I’ve never used that specific compiler so I can’t help much. Maybe the Microchip documentation will help. https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/MPLAB%20XC32%20C%20Compiler%20for%20PIC32M%20MCU%20UG%2050002799B.pdf

Thank you for the help :slight_smile:

I’m no expert, but I do have years of experience with MPLAB X and XC32 (and XC16 and XC8). Feel free to post any specific questions you may have and I’ll try to help. :slight_smile: