I cant find out anything about this connector

I am trying to find a connector for a robotic tool changer. The company that is selling the tool changer want a stupid amount for the cable. I am looking to by pass them but I cant find anything on this connector.

Does anyone know what this is? I think I read somewhere that is was from amphenol. I can tell you that it is part number CABL-029 on Destaco(the tool changer company). Anything helps. I’m looking for both male and female.

Thanks in advance!

@ pyrojaymez

Hello,

I spent some time searching for more information about that cable, but I didn’t find anything useful. It’s listed as DES-CABL-029 on some sites, and eventually I found this Destaco Series Document which hinted at the connectors. I didn’t see enough to work with, though, and certainly not more than I see in the photos.

Someone might be able to arrive at a less generalized answer, but I can at least show you where this missing information makes it difficult to find product suggestions. Starting with completely assembled connectors with male pins, we can assume nineteen positions and the fact that your connectors use threads as the fastening type, but known attributes fall off after that. I made a broad list based on a few assumptions to give you an idea: [ Circular, Male 19 Pos, Threaded ].

You have the option of choosing something a bit different than your original since you’re replacing both sides, but a new part still needs to fit into that block and be secured, there. It needs to comply with current and voltage limits, the existing cable/wire gauge, etc. Although contacts are included, they may still require crimp tools to fasten them to the wire. That’s usually a big expense that isn’t recouped for one cable.

The same uncertainty applies to connector housings where the contacts are sold separately: [ Circular Housing, 19 Pos, Threaded ]. You can find one side that might work, and then we can usually find a mating part, but these would still have to match the other requirements I mentioned, above.

It would be better to find a likely brand/series candidate that matches the original connector, and then compare those known specs to what you have, but I wasn’t able to locate that. It’s also possible that there are custom features on your cable assembly that aren’t available on standard products.

Okay, Thank you so much for all the info. I will look into the suggestions you made and figure out the most cost effective route!