LG 6877ER1016F blue connector ID

I’m having troubles finding a mating connector to the wiring harness part number in the title. I have several pictures stored on Google drive and can provide any measurements necessary with a digital calipers if requested.

I did find a decent picture of the mating connector in a Youtube video and took a screen capture of that item:

Here are the pictures of the housing that I have:

(more info to come)

And here are pictures of the terminal pins inside of the connector:

I was able to use an extractor tool to get 1 loose from the housing. I used my calipers on the outer edges of the tip of this terminal and get dimensions of 3.17mm x 2mm.

I know that this wiring harness is used in LG front load washing machines but as long as I can find this connector, it will also work for my application too. If you want more pictures or dimensions, please let me know.

I don’t care if the mating connector is blue or not. If I have to, even just getting the matching terminal pins will be enough as I am not afraid to 3D Print the correct connector.

Welcome to the TechForum Ayourk.
I was unable to find a match to this connector in our system.
It may be a proprietary part for LG.
Sorry we didn’t have a match.

Hi ayourk,

Take a look at VLR-03V JST Sales America Inc. | Connectors, Interconnects | DigiKey
I think the one you have there is a variant of this, perhaps made for LG as David suggested.
I can see some polarisation features that differ, so might not be perfect, but it looks like at least the right series and I hope will lead you to the correct terminals.

Regards

Hi Ayourk,

Could the mating connector be this part from KET?

http://www.ket.com/en/product/detail-information.ket?partNumber=MG615664-003

Cheers,
Heke, Asamalab

Looks like you are correct. I’ve ordered the part. Too bad DigiKey doesn’t stock this.

Sorry, I should have realized that JST was the creator of this unmarked connector. Next to Molex, I consider them to be #2 in the connectors market.

Hi Ayourk,

If the JST will work, that’s probably the easiest way to go.
However, IMHO hard to believe, that LG uses JSTs …
This is the closest one that could find:
http://www.ket.com/en/product/detail-information.ket?searchKey=&partNumber=MG625040-2

Cheers,
Heke, AsamaLab

It looks like that KET one could work too. I’ve already ordered the other, but if it fails, at least I have a fallback.

I’ve been searching for this part on the web and have been having a difficult time finding a proper vendor where I can purchase this KET part from.

Hi Ayourk,

It may be that they do mostly business directly with OEMs, so there’s no distributor.
You should probably contact them directly or via a sales office.
Aliexpress seems to list some companies selling KET connectors, perhaps some of them
can help you.

Cheers,
Heke, Asamalab

1 Like