Modem power failure

i am having an issue with a USA Tech modem that has " NO POWER ". I have already checked the fuses in regards and the fuses are all good. I have a good one that I have referenced and can’t seem to find what the cause is for the issue. Does anyone have a schematic in this regard or an example of a power circuit for a modem ??? Typical is close enough. Thanks, I’ll wait.

Hello SAMM_THA_SPLIFF

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately I do not see we carry this manufacturer making us unable to support the modem itself. Sometimes it can be a faulty power supply or communication cord of which we may carry. Otherwise the recommendation would be contacting the manufacturer of the modem or your internet service provider.

TO give you some more info. The modem’s power cord is hard wired into the modem. I have power all the way up to c404 (35Vdc). (following the path of electricity). So in that regard , what is the real issue ??? Going from the red and black leads which are 35Vdc, and continuing in succession :

D400
C400
L400(WHICH GIVE OFF NO VISIBLE VOLTAGE)
C403
MOV400
C404

ALL OF WHICH HAVE 35vDC ON THEM . WHAT AM I MISSING HERE ???

Unfortunately this would not be enough information to find a faulty component. This would simply state these parts are all in parallel to the power source if you are measuring across each individual component.

If you are measuring from a common ground to each component then this could mean these are in series connection with an open circuit down stream since there are no component voltage drops or current flow on an open series circuit.

As a side note, If the modem has ever been dropped it is possible a pcb trace has been cracked and open, these can be hard to see.

Do you have an example of a power circuit for a modem .

Maybe a communications circuit in a modem ???

Hello SAMM_THA_SPLIFF,

Thanks for your inquiry. Digi-Key does not carry schematics, other than the simplified basic ones listed in product datasheets. Searching through a few modem datasheets, I did not locate any schematics as they may not list proprietary information. Some schematics however may be found using a search engine.