Need help on Xavier with Board 102110774

Hi, we bought board 102110774 and used it with the Xavier NX module. It works well until we plug in a wifi module. There is no output from HDMI suddenly, and we can not reset the Xavier either. The only feedback we could get is the lights on board 102110774 turn on. There are four lights on the 102110774 board. When it works normally, only two lights are turning on. But when the malfunction happened, all four lights are on. We did not find any user manual talk about the lights meaning. Could anyone help?

Which specific WiFi module?

Please share a picture of how it was attached…

Can i assume, after removing the WiFi module the board will resume booting correctly.

Regards,

Thanks for replying!

The WiFi module is Gshine USB Wifi adapter bought from amazon

Here is a picture I took after the Xavier went wrong.

After removing the module, it is still unable to boot. I tried resetting it by pressing the reset button, but nothing happened. On my laptop, I could not detect the board or Xavier.

RobertCNelson via Engineering and Component Solution Forum - TechForum │ Digi-Key <notifications@digikey.discoursemail.com> 于2023年2月23日周四 09:02写道:

I don’t really see how an off the shelf usb wifi dongle would have broken this… I’d start with Nvidia’s tool and reflash the board…

Did you get the long antenna? https://www.amazon.com/Gshine-Adapter-2-4Ghz-5Ghz-Network-Compatible/dp/B08SW92LDG/
or short: https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Gshine-Wireless-Desktop-Compatible/dp/B08SW29DNC

Regards,

I got the long antenna.

The Nvidia’s tool could not detect the Xavier even I tried to reset and reflash the board. After using command $ lsusb, I could not find Nvidia Corp in my terminal, which means the board is not detected.

Do you know why all the lights are turning on? When it normally works, only red and green lights are on. Does it mean the Xavier is damaged?

Thanks

RobertCNelson via Engineering and Component Solution Forum - TechForum │ Digi-Key <notifications@digikey.discoursemail.com> 于2023年2月23日周四 16:35写道: