Not very good at this

Could you please help match these 3 things

Hello,

Well the 4 lead device was available to locate but the other 2 are proving difficult. Hopefully we can find those other 2 but here is the link for the replacement 4 lead bridge rectifier. 4 lead device

Thank you
Ryan Urness

[//cdck-file-uploads-global.s3.dualstack.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/digikey/original/3X/d/3/d3e4e1842225f188ecc84f6febba1a6068e305d1.png]

Would you be able to help find them more how do i test them or how can we test these

For the device with the “U1560” marking from ON Semiconductor (now “onsemi”), it is this:

MUR1560G (out of stock at this moment)
The VS-E5TH1506-M3 looks like a pretty decent sub for it.

The other part is an International Rectifier part, most likely a MOSFET, but I haven’t figured out the proper part number yet.

but can i test these what readings shiuld i get

Hi applianceplus1,

For the MUR1560G, you just perform a standard diode test, so with a multimeter in Diode Test mode, you should get a small forward voltage drop (anywhere from 0.2V to 1.0V) when connected one way, and an over limit reading when connected the other way.

For the other TO-220 part from International Rectifier (now part of Infineon), if it is a MOSFET there will likely be a circuit board designator of “Qx” (such as Q1, Q2, Q3, etc.) next to the part. Assuming it is a MOSFET, you would need to perform a MOSFET test. It is a bit too complicated to describe the process here, so I would suggest a Google search for example instruction videos. Unfortunately, since we have not identified that particular part yet, we don’t know whether it is an N-channel or P-channel type (most likely it’s an N-Channel, as they are the more frequently used type) and therefore we can not verify the pinout.

This is confusing

I’m not clear what you are confused about, but to try to clarify, first, you will need a multimeter with a diode test feature, such as any of these. You will probably need to desolder the components from the circuit board so as to isolate them from the potential interaction of other components on the board.

You can then test the components, as seen here and here for the diode and the MOSFET, respectively.

Right I don’t think I have that

A decent multimeter is one of the most essential tools for testing circuit boards. Without it, it’s nearly impossible to do so. If you have a multimeter and you’re not sure if it has the diode test feature, look for a symbol like that pointed to in the image below:

1 Like