Replacement capacitor for Elite brand

I am looking for a replacement capacitor for an Elite 1000 MF 400V GM series. I have attached pictures

Hello mdoberstein,

Welcome to the DigiKey TechForum.
The closest match for a GM series from Elite, is 4191-GM2W102MND3565-ND, which is rated for up to 450V, so it is a better rating.
Please check the datasheet to verify compatibility.

1 Like

David, thanks for your quick response and recommendation. I appreciate it. The equipment in need of the capacitor is vital to my business, so you helped me keep things rolling! As a side note- I had contacted the equipment manufacturer two days ago via email and voicemail. They have yet to respond to either! I am grateful for your help

Mike

2 Likes

Hello Mike,

Thank you for the kind words.

A quick follow up - modern capacitors tend to be physically smaller than their older counterparts. It’s a process of continuous improvement.

Two things to follow up on @David_1768 message:

1. Verify that the capacitor has the same physical mounting points as shown in this video I completed before joining the DigiKey team.

2. If this is a commonly replaced capacitor consider an upgrade to devices rated for 105Β°C for potentially longer life. You can search for devices using the DigiKey search engine as show in the video.

Please let us know if we can assist.

Best Wishes,

APDahlen

1 Like