Sierra Wireless EM7511

Does this module transmit and receive on the second RF port? Or is it receive only?

Hi @Wesley, welcome to the forum. To work correctly; 4G LTE, requires dual Antenna’s. This gives you 4G’s MIMO support…

Regards,

Hi Robert, I understand that, but that is not my question. Does the second antenna port (Antenna 2) transmit and receive? The specification clearly says Antenna 1 has TX and RX, but implies the second antenna port is receive only. See below:

Thanks,
Wes

Hi Wes,

What does the “b/c” footnote’s say in the Antenna system column? For some reason i can’t login to Sierra to get the datasheet…

In general, with a 4G LTE device, depending on your Cellular provider and it’s at the time communication mode, I would fully expect the 2nd Antenna to also be TX’ing when required. (but footnote b/c might say something…)

Regards,

Yes I agree but the spec implies in a couple places the second port is RX only. Here are the footnotes which really don’t clarify:

I contact Sierra Wireless and they said they could not answer and that I needed to contact DigiKey for all technical support (which I found strange too).

If you can’t confirm yourself, could you reach out to Sierra Wireless and see if they will give an answer to you?

Thanks,
Wes