XM1210 with custom 1PPS

Hello,

We are currently designing a board with an XM1210_1104263 GPS module from Sierra Wireless on it in replacement of a previous model which is EOL. This model is also a matter of convenience since we use it on other boards. However, according to the datasheet, the 1PPS signal on this model is only active after being 3D fixed , which will end up raising an alarm in our software if for some reason we loose the 3D_Fix, hence the 1PPS (which is likely to happen in our application).

Is it possible to order these devices with a custom firmware which would always output a 1PPS signal? It would save us from reprogramming the software which we don’t have the ownership. Thanks a lot in advance.

Have a great day and take care.

Hello @jf.rose, I will check with our Sierra Wireless Product Manager to see if a custom firmware version with 1PPS signal always output if 3D fix lost is possible and get back to you.

Best Regards,

Thank you very much for your quick answer. I’m looking forward for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Hi @jf.rose. Thank you for your inquiry. Can you provide me with your email address so i can contact you privately? Please email the address to curtis.johnson@digikey.com.
Thank you again.
Curtis