SMT Electrolytic Capacitor with no Voltage Rating

Hello,

These appear to follow the same marking structure as Panasonic.

LA series
100uF 25V

LE series
33uF 6.3V
220uF 6.3V

To narrow down cross references the Surface Mount Land Size would need to be measured. Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors

Hi There

Hope you can identify this for me?

5KV30
16v

Thanks

Hi, please help - can anyone identify this capacitor?
It is from an Acer E5-571 Laptop Motherboard:

badcap

Thanks

1 Like

It will be 68uf 25v. You will need to verify the dimensions.

https://www.digikey.com/short/p9q1wf

This might be a dumb question bc it’s clearly marked 100 50V but the numbers at the top aren’t important they are probably just a lot number or something similar correct ?

Hi Markie427,
All questions are good, you are correct the top markings for this are probably a lot number for traceability, they can also be a series marking or a manufacturer logo, keep in mind not all are marked in the same order. Looking at some of the examples in earlier posts you will see how different manufacturers mark their capacitors. If you ever have a doubt post your question here, we will be happy to assist.

1 Like

Please help me identify the top capacitor. (My card has it missing it).

Is it 100uF 6.3V?

In reference to the cap at C21 it appears to be a UUD series from Nichicon, 100 would be a capacitance rating and “j” would be calling out 6.3V.

Looks like it would be part 493-2234-1-ND

1 Like

Hi Robert
I am really having trouble with this one. It does not appear to follow any of the previous codes or any other I can find. If you could tell me these values I would really appreciate it.

While there is no part markings to identify a manufacturer I suspect that it is a 100uF 25V capacitor. We would have to get some measurements to suggest a possible replacement.
-Robert

Hi Robert it is approx 5mm diameter and 5mm high. I did think 25v but the device is on 12v ?. Any thoughts on the 25A at the bottom. The PCB is from a small lenovo Iomega storage device. Thanks for your help

25V would make sense for a 12V application. You want the rated voltage of the cap to be higher than the max voltage that you will see. I suspect that the top 25 is actually calling out a date/lot code and the bottom line is likely a 25 which is voltage and the A is calling out a series or possible manufacturer location. Without a positive ID it is hard to say.
-Robert

Thanks Robert that makes sense. Would you like to suggest a possible replacement.

Looks like the closest option i have would be 493-2190-1-ND, however it is 6.3mm diameter so you would have to check mounting pad to make sure it is not too big.

Hi Robert. I suspect it may be 6.3 I did a very approx measure with a large tape :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hopefully someone can help me with this one, I have several guesses, but there just that…guesses.
Base seems to be about 4mmx4mm (don’t have a caliper with me) Thanks.

Hello @nalsa

I suspect this is an S series cap from Panasonic.

The 1 is calling out 1uF and 50 is voltage. S is the series and 33A is a Lot code.
4.3mm x4.3mm polarized would be part PCE3912CT-ND

Here is the breakdown.

Hi, need help identifying these two capacitors.

first one is:
40S
16E

the second one is:
16z

thank you much

1 Like

Hello Daniel,
It does look like those capacitors will be the same Value.

4OS and 571 might be the date code
100 - Capacitance Value 100uF
16E and 16Z = 16V the E and Z might be the series.
I did narrow it down to some option that we have that are similar.
Take a look at These Options
The one main thing to look at is the Dimension of the part.

Any questions please let us know.

1 Like

I’ve been searching all night trying to figure out what this is and, all the others are straight forward but this with the Z, I’m not sure what to replace with, if it has to be a Z or idk please help.