SMT Electrolytic Capacitor with no Voltage Rating

creo que ya complete mi pedido, pero no me sale confirmacion, ya se completo el pedido?

Thanks for the reply. I replaced with a EEE-1HA010NR from here like in your link a while back after posting here and it seems to be working fine. There is a (N) mark on the PCB indicating bi-polar but I didn’t see it at first.

@Adrian You will need to call in and speak to our sales team for that information.
1-800-344-4539

buen dia, yo de nuevo, podría ayudarme a encontrar un reemplazo para ese capacitor marcado en rojo:

2E4/VLPS/220/6.3V

y una pregunta mas. que significa el código de colores que tiene cada capacitor en la parte superior? hay uno negro, uno rosa y otros rojos.

ojala pueda responderme la pregunta…

muchas gracias …

2ed10025e_LI.jpg

@Adrian
The below link shows the options found based on the given information.
https://www.digikey.com/short/z3zh49
The color does not callout any specification. As far as I can tell it is mostly manufacturer choice what color they use.

I need to replace two SMD Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors in the controller board for Thermador oven, please see the attached photo. can you tell me the code meaning or value/voltage/temperature? Thanks.

wenyan

Hello @jin11mei

Unfortunately I was not able to identify the exact capacitor in your picture to be able to verify the specifications. Based off the part marking it would appear to be a 22uF 35V, however without a data sheet I would not be able to verify this.

-Robert

Hello - could you help me identify this SMD capacitor

As you can see the markings are:-

OR
VZA - the “V” is slightly bigger than the “ZA”

It is 6mm tall by 6mm across.

So it seems that is a 47uF 35Volt Capacitor - please correct me if I am wrong!

However, does anyone know who the manufacturer is and which series so I can compare specifications to look for a superior replacement.

Hello @Richard

I think what you have is a 47uF 35V cap. The OR being a lot code and the ZA being a series number. The order is different, however I think the ZA series from Panasonic matches what you are seeing.
EEH-ZA1V470P would be an example part number

-Robert

1 Like

Hello - I know I am replying to an old post - but that logo looks like a Samyoung brand of capacitor here are their datasheets https://www.samyoung.co.kr/eng/product/product_info_surface.asp - might be their “BXJ” series - replaced loads of Samyoungs - they fail JUST after the warrantee expires - which sums up Samyoung.

1 Like

Hello Robert thank you for your quick reply - the ZA series have impressive specifications which will not be easy to improve on (considering the suspected failing Cap is already ten years old) so will probably go up to a 50Volt ZA (looks like enough solder pad space is available) which will halve the ESR give 500mA more ripple tolerance and improve tan - as it is mounted on a motor will try a vibration proof version.

Regards,

Richard.

1 Like

Ok, I have a Kenwood TM732a that decided to blow C8 on it’s display board. It’s a SM electrolytic and the markings are from the top down, a small rectangle with a 12 beside it, 100 beneath that, and 6.3v below that. I assume that is a 10 mfd 6.3 v cap, but not sure about series, temp, tolerance or manufacturer. Anyone able to lead me in the right direction?

@KB5VXX
The below link shows the 10µf 6.3v options I have found.
https://www.digikey.com/short/zjzrnm

This is the cap. Is the 100 code for 10 μF, or is that the true value? Someone sent me a 10 μF part from their stash and it’s half the size of this one and has 10 printed on it.

Hello,

The top marking looks like a United Chemi-Con logo. The value would be 100uf at 6.3 volts. I have linked a data sheet for that manufacture that shows the top marking. You would need to measure the footprint to get the correct case size.

http://www.chemi-con.co.jp/cgi-bin/CAT_DB/SEARCH/cat_db_al.cgi?e=e&j=p&pdfname=mva

Tech ref# T4085125

1 Like

Hello,

Our TRANE non-programmable thermostat stopped working… After pulling off the cover this cap just fell out. Might be the issue :slight_smile:

We’re a little confused on the markings. Its a surface mount capacitor. Our guess is its 6.5 uF and the 50k is the tolerance? Sorry just trying to figure this thing out and where to buy. Thanks for your help

@gordo3di

I am trying to verify the markings on this cap however, it is more likely the 100 is calling out the 100uF and the 50 is 50 volts and the k is 10% this would leave the 655 being a series marking or date code.

1 Like

I think Robert’s interpretation is likely quite good. The 100uF/50V SMT caps we’ve got in stock can be found here.

Check for leads on the bottom-if they’re still there, it may have just been a bad solder joint. If that’s the case, you might be able to simply solder the thing back into place. On the other hand, there’s a fair chance that if parts are falling off the unit, that there’s more than just this issue gone amok.

1 Like

Ttank you both for the reply! Unfortunately it looks like one lead broke off so we will just order on digikey and see if it fixes the problem. Hopefully if someone else runs into this issue with the same thermostat they now have a solution.

A post was split to a new topic: SMT Cap identification