Sometimes you may end up confused why your UDOO x86 (SB02-4940-0000-C1) board does not start properly after connecting power. Normally when power is connected, this board’s green LED should light up, but its orange LED does so instead.
This orange LED actually indicates that the CPU has gone into “sleep-mode”/Hibernation. There are several things to do in order to pull it out of sleep.
- First, while powered up and with the Orange LED lit, press the small power button next to the orange LED (side of the board). Many boards are set to use the hard power button to bring up out of sleep.
- If Step 1 does not work, then during power on/boot-up, and with a monitor, press esc,esc,esc,esc until UEFI (BIOS) comes up. Then reboot once you have checked the BIOS settings and see if it will boot normally.
- If this still does not work, next power down board.
Press the small black reset button in the upper right corner, then go to BIOS and reset all the settings.
After you have powered down again, restore your original BIOS settings; after another restart you should be able to boot your board normally again.
- Another option if you still have issues
Check the firmware here.
- You may need to check more options when installing an OS by yourself.
Check out UDOO’s basic setup here: GET STARTED x86.