Validate the VSWR & DPD path/port validation in RFSoC

If my PCBA. I want to test my RFSoC VSWR & DPD ports. which will be connected to the PA PCBA. Is it possible to validate the VSWR & DPD ports without connecting the PA section? If feasible please share the possible test methods.

Could you please provide the part number this question is about?

Thank you,

Hello Jeff,

ZYNC RFSoC DFE Family.

What is the board you are using? Or target device?

We are planning to use this part in our RRH. We want to validate the RFSoC digital section & low power RF interfaces of this RFSoC. We are able to plan the Tx & Rx test method . How can I test the VSWR & DPD path of RFSoC in my PCBA.

Hi user80,

This is beyond our field of expertise. I believe that would require designing the board to allow access to test equipment such as a VNA. To make a functional system, one would want to design the board using appropriate simulation tools to characterize the traces.

Thanks David for the confirmation.

Please see the response from the Product Manager.

C-band 280MHz iBW DPD demonstration with Zynq RFSoC - YouTube.

I would try this and see if he can get some ideas, granted this is using the ZCU208 board aka 122-EK-U1-ZCU208-V1-G-ND, along with XM655, Skyworks; the 122-HW-SMARTLYNQ-PLUS-G-ND is used to configure the FPGA along with a scope to actually measure outputs. They are also using SKY66523-11 Power Amplifier aka PA. the ZCU208 dev kit comes with some add ons to help, but again if they are using their own homegrown RFSoC device, I would not be sure.