Desperately seeking custom Tens adaptor

We are conducting research using a micro current device that has 2-2mm pins. Our goal is to connect that device to an instrument that also has 2-2mm pins. What we need is 2-2mm female to female connectors. If you have any ideas of a manufacturer who could whip this up for us, please let us know!

The current (white) connector is a standard tens lead wire connector.


It would appear that these may be overmolded versions of what’s known as a tip connector in the test equipment world. These products would be user-appliable sockets for such that are in stock at the time of writing which may allow you to make your own.

Silicone-insulated test lead wire is suggested for flexibility, and I recommend Qualtek’s Q5-4X series heat shrink tube as a versatile yet reasonably priced product for providing insulation or supplemental strain relief in cable-making applictions

Rick, thank you tremendously for your reply. Do you have an idea of anyone who could fabricate these for us?

There are small electronics contract manufacturers scattered all over the place-check your local listings. Many can even provide overmolding services. But if you’re after just a few units, getting out the soldering iron and making your own has a lot to recommend it.

I’ve actually located a local supplier that may have what we need. I can’t thank you enough for your replies. I will even learn how to use a soldering iron…first time for everything!

No luck there. Question (since I’m venturing into soldering): I’ll procure some standard tens lead wires and cut them, and solder the wires together, which will result in the female - female adaptor. Do you have any guidance for this process? Something I should be aware of?

Once again, I truly appreciate your assistance.

There are a few thousand splice connectors available to facilitate that operation without need of solder.

If you still like that route, put “western union splice” into your favorite search engine for suggested technique on direct wire-to wire splicing, and use some of the above-suggested heat shrink tube for insulation.