How small can I get without using rechargeable battery?

what are the smallest parts for connecting bluetooth to vibrating part and using the smallest batter?

Hello and Welcome Dantenna.

Would you be able to expand this question a little to give more information on what you need to find out ?

Thank you

Ryan

Ryan,

When I click the Visit Topic button it gets to the page, but’s all grayed out and doesn’t take any mouse clicks.

Daniel

Ok. It works with Safari but not with Edge.

I am trying to build an EMDR device. There is one already out there but it uses cords. The cords go to two identical pieces that fit in the hand, so the user can hold it. The pieces vibrate alternately. When the left one is vibrating, the right one doesn’t vibrate. It vibrates right, then left, then right, then … I would like to be able make those pieces run with a rechargeable battery in each one, if possible. The pieces would connect to a smartphone (in my case an iPhone) and would be managed by an app. I would like for the pieces to connect using Bluetooth if possible, instead of Wifi. Would I need a microcontroller for this? There are vibrating components that have a built in motor. I would still need to use a battery and the bluetooth part.

I need a part like this…

I had found this. I would most likely use
this vibrating control

We also have vibrating motors, which can be found by < Clicking Here >

< Click Here for Bluetooth Radio Modules > <-many of which will have digital inputs and outputs which could control a transistor, which would be what provides power to your motor.

Basically they have microcontrollers built into the Bluetooth module which is what would be needed to be programmed in order to control your motor.

Otherwise you’d need to design your own using a Bluetooth IC chip and antenna.

The benefit of the modules linked above is many have either built in antennas or connectors to install an antenna but they’re going to increase your design size.

1 Like

I do need to connect to a an RCA jack. There is available to me a unit already with a vibrating part, already encased, that has a female RCA jack. It would be easier to me if I use this unit I have without removing the female RCA jack.

The Bluetooth module would not need to reach very far. Ten feet would be more than enough. Do you have any of those Bluetooth components that use Bluetooth Low Energy? Do they absolutely need an antenna?

It didn’t take long to find this information here: Do You Really Need Antennas to Use Bluetooth?

I should add that I need the Bluetooth to work with older iPhones. At the earliest I would like to use iPhones that run iOS as early as 13.0, and if possible even iOS 12. I don’t know the different versions of Bluetooth and what the different iPhone versions use.

Ok. I did some searching. Will any of your modules work with versions of Bluetooth as early as Bluetooth 4.0? I’m trying to figure out what limits I have. I probably would end up only supporting iPhones with Bluetooth 5.0 and later.

Hi Utili
As far as I know all Bluetooth versions are all backwards compatible, so 4.1 and up would all work for 4.0 but of course would miss out on the newer Bluetooth features.

1 Like