PICO-PI-IMX7: Editing and Recovery/Linux 4.19.x

Hello,

I recently got this board, as most of you know if you have looked on this forum, called a PICO-PI-IMX7 dev. board.

Anyway…

I want to erase the eMMC and start from scratch. I found from Tech Nexion that they have some predefined builds that I can or do not have to compile.

Seth

P.S. How can I erase the eMMC and start from scratch or how can I just start from scratch w/ that board? I am referring to this board b/c I still would like to use it (since I sunk $150.00 into it). Anyway, let a brother know what to do. If you have any input, get at me. Thank you again for your service. Oh and if you, @RobertCNelson, answers, I am starting over b/c the Tech Nexion people say that they have a “cure” for this WiFi issue w/ the board. I will test it in the future.

Hello Again,

Do not get me wrong. The board boots and works but the WiFi issue is still around for me.

Seth

https://www.digikey.com/eewiki/display/linuxonarm/PICO-PI-IMX7#PICO-PI-IMX7-Bootloader:imx_usb_loader

Once you get to the “ums 0 umc 0” spot, you can use that to dd what-ever you want to the eMMC…

Regards,

Let us know if you get something…

pico-imx7_pico-pi_ubuntu-18.04_sdcard-preview_QCA9377_lcd-800x480_20181127 doesn’t have working wifi…

Regards,

Hello @RobertCNelson,

Sir…look to these sites:

ftp://download.technexion.net/development_resources/Download/wifi_firmware/Broadcom/

and…

ftp://download.technexion.net/demo_software/pico-imx7-emmc/

I am going to try to use the AP6335 firmware for the WiFi chip I have onboard. Outside of that, they also said the I would have to compile the firmware on the first link but that the second link should just work.

I will test and get back to you and whomever else needs this info.

Seth

P.S. Thank you for replying. I will use the dd command once in the “ums 0 umc 0” spot. Thank you you again.

Didn’t we already try that here?

Regards,

Me Again Sir,

I found that Ubuntu 18 LTS is not available for this WiFi chip (as far as I can tell). Anyway, I am new to the dd command.

I know we went over it in the instruction set on the PICO-PI-IMX7 on the Linux on ARM eewiki.

Is there a way to put the dd command into action to just apply the image file to the eMMC on the PICO-PI-IMX7?

If so, will you be so kind as to direct me to the correct way to doing it?

Seth

P.S. Send guidance if you have time.

Sir,

I erased my partition on my PICO and now I cannot find it on my Dev. Machine when searching for it in /dev/.

Is there a workaround you know about when this happens?

Seth

P.S. Aw!

Yes, that is documented here:

https://www.digikey.com/eewiki/display/linuxonarm/PICO-PI-IMX7#PICO-PI-IMX7-Bootloader:imx_usb_loader

after you run:

=> ums 0 mmc 0

You can dd directly to the eMMC…

Regards,

1 Like

Re-Install: Start from the beginning: https://www.digikey.com/eewiki/display/linuxonarm/PICO-PI-IMX7

Regards,

Yes Sir,

I did try to start over from the beginning. I will attempt it until I am blue in the face.

Seth

P.S. Thank you for your patience. I left this board alone for a bit and totally forgot the steps. Back to the old drawing board.

@RobertCNelson,

Sir…look here:

torx@forket:~$ {CC}gcc --version
{CC}gcc: command not found
torx@forket:~$ gcc --version
gcc (Ubuntu 7.4.0-1ubuntu1~18.04) 7.4.0
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. 

I am not sure how to get the CC on my desktop machine for compiling. I C & P the instructions and directions.

Seth

P.S. I think the cross compiler is not on my machine for some reason.

You skipped this section:

https://www.digikey.com/eewiki/display/linuxonarm/PICO-PI-IMX7#PICO-PI-IMX7-ARMCrossCompiler:GCC

Regards,

Sir,

I followed those instructions. I used wget and then used tar and then I exported it.

Seth

P.S. Send guidance if you have time.

So did you open a “new” terminal, the export is only valid in the context of the current running shell/terminal window…

Regards,

Hello Sir,

Probably. I will do it again. Sheesh. So much to learn.

Seth

P.S. Off to try again.