Pricing Sort at Quantity continues to be off

Usually when sorting parts by price at a particular quantity (e.g. 1000 pcs), the pricing does not completely get sorted by price. Often there are much higher priced parts stuck in the middle the list:

This issue has been going on for at least a year, and I’m starting to wonder if is an intentional feature from Digi-Key like Amazon’s “Sponsored” advertising which inserts advertisements for more expensive products in the middle of a list of items sorted by price.

My expectation is that if I’m trying to find parts which are the least expensive at 1,000 pcs, I should see the parts sorted by price at that quantity. I’d be happy to provide more detail on either my expectations or the problem if you’d like.

Is this a feature, a misunderstanding of how it was designed to work, or a bug?

Thank you.

It’s a bug, which I’ll file a report on. The infestations you may have noticed in recent months are an unfortunate side-effect of technology updates, which are a regrettable necessity for a company soon to be 50 years old…

Thank you sincerely for mentioning the issue.

Thanks, it’s reassuring to know that it’s a bug which will hopefully be addressed.