RFID, RF Access, Monitoring ICs

This Product Selection Guide contains information to help select products in the RFID, RF Access, Monitoring ICs category on DigiKey.com

RFID or RF access monitoring ICs are semiconductor devices configured as RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) readers, transponders, passive entry or passive start processors and TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitorying System). They are designed to comply with specific RFID standards such as EPC, ISO, NFC, MiFARE and FeliCa, and communicate over I2C, SPI, UART, USB, PWM, RS232, RS422, RS485 and other interfaces.

SelectionCharacteristics

Type: The specific functionality or purpose of the device.

Frequency: The center frequency or frequency range the device is able to support.

Standards: Enumerates protocol, format, form factor, or similar standards with a device conforms.

Interface: Indication of which interface(s) or protocol(s) are used by the device to communicate with other components in the system.

Voltage - Supply: Typically represented by a range, this indicates the low and high voltage limits that one can expect in standard operation. Voltages outside this range may damage the device and other system components.

Operating Temperature: Recommended operating temperature, typically given in a range or as a maximum. Exceeding these temperatures may affect performance or damage the device and other system components.

Mounting Type : Indicates how the device is attached.

Package / Case: Indicates the type of protective case used on an electronic component to allow easy handling, installation, and protection. This selection was determined to be the closest industry standard applicable to the supplier device packaging. Typically it is best to check the actual dimensions from the datasheet rather than depend on this terminology when designing your circuit.

ProductExamples

MFR PART # ST25DV04K-JFR6D3
DIGI-KEY PART # 497-18728-2-ND
MANUFACTURER STMicroelectronics
DESCRIPTION RFID Transponder IC 13.56MHz ISO 15693 I²C 1.8V ~ 5.5V 12-UFDFN Exposed Pad
DATASHEET Click Here

MFR PART # AS3933-BTST
DIGI-KEY PART # AS3933-BTSTTR-ND
MANUFACTURER ScioSense
DESCRIPTION RFID Reader IC 15kHz ~ 150kHz 2.4V ~ 3.6V 16-TSSOP (0.173", 4.40mm Width)
DATASHEET Click Here

MFR PART # MCP2030AT-I/ST
DIGI-KEY PART # MCP2030AT-I/STTR-ND
MANUFACTURER Microchip Technology
DESCRIPTION Passive Entry/Start, TPMS IC 125kHz SPI 2V ~ 3.6V 14-TSSOP (0.173", 4.40mm Width)
DATASHEET Click Here

MediaLinks

Articles
Getting Started with RFID
A Designers Guide to RFID
Reading RFID Tags: Gen I and Gen II Solutions

If you have any general questions on the specifications for selecting RFID, RF Access, Monitoring ICs, please reply using the button below. If you have questions on specific RFID, RF Access, Monitoring ICs please post those questions in the Wireless and IoT category.