Why connector mating pairs made of different materials?

I am looking for a connector to go from wire-to-board for which both the board component and the wire component are made of vacuum-appropriate material. To shorten the story, the parts that almost work perfectly for the application are this part, and its mating pair. The problem is that the wires leave the board horizontally. There are other connectors that would have an acceptable physical setup, but in almost every case, board components made of LCP have mating components made of something else like Nylon. Does anyone know why this is? If there is an all-metal option to make a secure, pluggable wire-to-board connection, that might be a better way to go, but I haven’t been able to locate one yet. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hello,

My best guess at the difference in materials is the PCB location, purpose, assembly mechanisms, etc., of the connector. There may also be industry standards that apply, too, depending on the expected application and assembly process.

Soldering requirements, alone, often determine the type of material that a manufacturer uses, and there may be cost considerations that they incorporate into their decisions. I found a site that compares some common materials, and this is why I suspect that the different material characteristics influence the decision: [ Material Comparisons ].

I also looked at part number 0781720003 to see if there was a vertical mating connector, but Molex only lists 0781710003. Part number 2121340003 might be an option that would work for you, but we do not have stock available at this time. Ignoring the series photo, the datasheet lists the orientation as vertical.